Sunday, January 26, 2014

Attaching a Barbie Neck Swivel On a Liv Body

I purchased a lot of Liv dolls from Ebay with the intent of articulating most of my 1990's and early 2000's dolls. The Liv Alexis comes in two brown shades, The deeper complexion is harder to find and usually more expensive. Most of my black 90's Barbie collection consists of an even deeper tone than the darkest Liv. Mattel rarely produces dolls from the main range with a deep chocolate hue anymore, They all mostly look like Nikki Fashionista (That's a rant for another post). Long story short (ha!) I have a pretty head that needs a body. While in the process removing the Liv Alexis head the damn swivel thing comes off! (How much do we love that? ugh.) Any who  I go through my handy dandy toolbox and get a spare neck bob that belong to Barbie.

I really need to invest in a blow dryer to keep this from happening

 



 I trimmed some of the excess with a cuticle cutter, then used a nail file to make it smaller and smooth out the edges.
It fits but....
Leaves much too large a gap. The filing continues.

Slight gap still visible but that's good enough for me.

Looks much better on the right side
Studying for finals with Brenda

Taking a much needed break!

Overall I would consider the operation a success, better than wasting a perfectly good Liv body in my opinion. Head movement is  a little stiff, but I don't play too rough with the dollies should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment